Apr 22, 2013

Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon: Starting Post + Updates + Wrap Up!


The Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon is hosted by Michelle a.k.a The True Book Addict at her read-a-thon dedicated blog Seasons of Reading!

The read-a-thon starts on Monday, April 22nd at midnight CST and ends on Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 pm CST.

For more info & to join the read-a-thon, visit the post HERE.

For me & my time zone, that means it starts on Monday, April 22nd at 7 am & ends on Monday, April 29th at 6:59 am.

 I'll post my updates on this post as I read for the read-a-thon.

On Twitter we (read-a-thoners) will use the hashtag #SpringHorrorRAT.

My Reading List:



 Of course I won't read all of these, these are only some of my possible reads.


Update #1:


Ok, so it's official, I'm in a reading slump. I tried 3 different books, but it just isn't working :( No idea if my reading slump will be over so I can read something for the read-a-thon, I still hope so, although it doesn't seem likely :(

Update #2:


Ok, so I wouldn't say I'm over my reading slump, but I did manage to start a new book & read 125 pages from it, which isn't a lot, but a lot more than the previous 3 books I tried. That book is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and although I probably won't finish it (because it has 577 pages & only 2 more read-a-thon days to go), I'm just glad I managed to read at all :)


Wrap Up:


Ok, so I didn't do as good as I hoped I will, and I totally strayed from my reading list, but at least I read more then I expected for the weekend.


I read a 3rd of The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, as well as a 3rd of I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells (this one was actually my final read, and although it was a fast read, and I was planning to finish it, I got interrupted, so I didn't have time to return to it & finish it in time for the read-a-thon).




For Dewey's I also read one novel (which didn't actually fit this read-a-thon) - Speechless by Hannah Harrington, but I also read Doctor Who: Devil in the Smoke by Justin Richards - which was a murder mystery, then the graphic novels The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman & A Match Made in Heaven by Trina Robbins. I also read the collection of horror stories Christmas Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley!    

11 comments:

  1. What a great pile to choose from, Aleksandra! I have the Soul Screamers series on my TBR mountain, but the rest of those are all new to me (except for Lovecraft). Hope you have a great week!!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2013/04/spring-into-horror-read-thon-starting.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene. This is the last SS book, and I need to finally read it :)

      I hope you'll have a great week, too, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Excellent idea. There's never a time to deny a horror read-a-thon. H.P. Lovecraft, along with Edgar Allan Poe, are the grand pioneers of horror fiction as we know it. I own Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box," but I need to get to reading it. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, my friend! So glad you're joining me again. =O) What an outstanding list of books. I SO need to read Heart Shaped Box. I've had it on my shelves for years!

    Enjoy the reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle :) And thanks for hosting :D

      Delete
  4. Oh! You're reading Courtney Crumrin. She's a lot of fun. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I enjoyed a lot the previous 2 volumes, so I'm looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck! Have fun and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For someone who started the week in a reading slump, you did really well. I hope you enjoyed the week and will be joining us again in July for High Summer.

    ReplyDelete